Kickstarter is seeking an experienced iOS engineer who loves building new products and solving problems to join our growing team in Vancouver. Your role will focus on research and development projects, including the development of Kickstarter Live, our live video product. Kickstarter Live is a new way to share and experience the creative journey as it happens, and brings real time community engagement onto Kickstarter for the first time. In just a few weeks since launch tens of thousands of people have watched hundreds of creator live streams — musical performances, product demos, theatrical rehearsals, cooking shows, game demos and much more.
Our ideal candidate is a skilled and passionate iOS engineer, who values personal growth and feedback. You should have experience shipping iOS apps and supporting their lifecycle. Our small engineering team works closely together to create new tools, improve on existing features, and ensure a smooth user experience. We make heavy use of functional programming techniques to build well-tested and understandable code, and even organize a conference for it (2014, 2015, 2016).
We are looking for an engineer who loves to collaborate and eagerly tackles challenges of all sizes. We use ad-hoc QA servers to test and demo new features, GitHub pull requests for peer review, and continuous integration to run our test suites.
At least 3+ years of experience building native apps is required, and we are interested in engineers with a wide range of skills and interests.
- Experience with Cocoa and UIKit in iOS
- Experience in writing production Swift code, including how to leverage types and values to write safer, more understandable code
- Familiarity, or a strong interest in learning, functional programming and functional reactive programming
- Familiarity with testing in iOS and writing easy-to-test code
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical ideas into understandable concepts for others
- Curiosity and commitment to learning and skill-sharing
- Collaborative and cooperative spirit
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk. Please send your resume, as well as some links to your work and a bit about yourself.
This position is full-time and based in our beautiful new Gastown offices. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.