Kickstarter’s Integrity Team is looking for a teammate with strong critical thinking and deduction skills, a knack for gathering information and spotting trends, and the creative initiative to help develop tools that identify and preempt threats to our ecosystem. This position calls for a love of solving puzzles, the communication skills to present complicated information in a way that everyone can understand, and most importantly, a deep capacity for empathy. This is an entry-level position, and we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Your daily responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Investigating Kickstarter projects for misleading behavior.
- Analyzing payments fraud.
- Enforcing our Community Guidelines while moderating comments and messages.
- Reviewing project submissions to ensure that they meet Our Rules.
- Compiling and present reports of your findings.
- Cataloging workflow, log noteworthy events, and apply data to improve procedures.
- Communicating with our community of backers and creators.
- A fair judge who keeps a level-head and seeks elegant solutions.
- A curious, quick learner and problem-solver.
- Passion and enthusiasm for Kickstarter’s mission to support the arts.
- Experience with data, including familiarity with Excel and/or SQL.
If this sounds like you, please apply with a little bit of information about yourself and your resume.
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.