Kickstarter is looking for a mid-level Infrastructure Engineer to support the infrastructure that allows our platform to operate at planetary scale, helping to bring hundreds of thousands of creative projects to life. You’ll work with a small team of dedicated engineers to assure that our systems are healthy, automated, and secure.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s Infrastructure Engineering team supports the monolithic user-facing application that several product engineering teams are contributing to, as well as a handful of polyglot services that support that application. We are dedicated to assuring that engineers across the organization have the right tools to best understand and interact with code in our production environments: from continuous delivery pipelines to alerting and monitoring.
Our team works to ensure visibility and transparency into Kickstarter’s technical operations and usage, doing all that we can to make sure that Kickstarter can continue to operate continuously in the face of disaster or disruptions.
In This Role, You Will:
- Design, build, and maintain core cloud infrastructure pieces that support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users around the world.
- Collaborate with other engineers on AWS platform improvements and help us migrate our work in AWS to use Docker.
- Investigate new tools and services, document your findings, contributing to engineering processes, and institutional knowledge.
- You have solid professional experience working with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and/or Linux in Azure.
- You are able to undertake projects on your own, as well as pair with team members and share work across teams.
- You care about your coworkers and want to make their lives better.
- You’re excited about conducting complicated work behind the scenes without any interruption to our creators or backers.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.