Games Content Strategist
Kickstarter is home to a thriving community of games creators and backers who, together, are defining the future of gameplay. We’re always seeking new opportunities to elevate the most inventive projects coming to life on the platform, and we’re now hiring an expert digital strategist with a Games background to join us in our work.
About the Team
Our curation & Content team works to elevate Kickstarter creators and their projects. The group of us who work with Games have made it our mission to acquire and support today’s most exciting Games creators in running Kickstarter campaigns.
About the Role
As a full-time Content Strategist on the Curation & Content team, you’ll have the responsibility of elevating the most exciting games projects launching, excelling, and fulfilling on Kickstarter. You must be able to write on-brand, ready-to-publish copy that elevates games creators’ projects and stories. You’ll help grow and optimize our existing curated channels — plus develop new channels (like Twitch, Reddit, and Discord) — to ensure that creators and backers are able to discover the most exciting and excellent games projects possible based on their interests. In your day to day, you’ll produce content for our social media and brand newsletters, curate features, and develop strategic community partnerships. And ideally, you have a keen ability to balance ROI-generating campaigns with brand messaging and community development.
In this Role You Will:
- Drive all backer engagement initiatives and strategies for the Games community
- Own Games channel-optimization initiatives
- Track engagement metrics to increase performance
- Collaborate on and support Curation & Content team strategies, including: Creator Prompts (like Make 100 and Kickstarter Gold), social media campaigns, homepage features, content partnerships, editorial features, and beyond
- You have 4-6 years experience writing, producing, and optimizing digital content for a games-focused organization or brand.
- You have world-class writing skills and know how to craft compelling copy for a diverse range of audiences across digital platforms.
- You know how to devise content strategies that consistently increase engagement and ROI .
- You have your finger on the pulse of the games community, and you’re always looking for ways to incorporate trending conversations and news into your work.
- You know how to analyze data to extract key insights, and feel confident using those findings to execute and optimize a content strategy.
- You know good design when you see it, and you’re a total pro at creating web-based content (GIFs, video, streaming, light html skills) .
- You’re a highly motivated and enthusiastic team player who is as excited to work collaboratively as you are to spearhead and execute projects on your own.
- You’re passionate about the Kickstarter Games community, and you’d be thrilled to spend your days working in service of our mission: bringing creative [games] projects to life.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch. Send us your resume, some links to your work, and a little bit about yourself and why you’d love to work at Kickstarter.
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.