Front End Engineer
Kickstarter PBC is looking for a motivated Front-End Engineer to join our System Integrity team.
About the Team
System Integrity is a new team for Kickstarter, working to ensure that the services we offer are fair and functioning for backers, creators, and Kickstarter PBC. We’re a curious, collaborative and multidisciplinary team who employ a unique and diverse skill set to make the communities of Kickstarter equitable and sustainable. Harnessing insights from data science, behavioral economics and system design, we strive to develop products and policies that will allow Kickstarter’s model to flourish. We utilize both proactive and reactive approaches to strategically evaluate the systemic impacts of new and changing features as well as to identify opportunities and threats to the health of Kickstarter’s ecosystem. Currently we’re working to use machine learning to gain a deeper understanding of how backers feel about supporting creators on Kickstarter, in addition to developing means of increasing campaign transparency.
About the Role
As a Front End Engineer, you’ll work closely with designers, product managers and other engineers to create beautiful, usable interfaces for desktop and mobile web. With the ultimate goal of building trust within our ecosystem, you'll develop new features that both inspire creators to share the inner workings of their creative processes and make backers feel informed and engaged as they take part in a creator's journey.
We build features with a modern frontend stack including React, Redux, Apollo, TypeScript, Atomic CSS and Sass on top of a GraphQL API and a Ruby on Rails backend. We use iterative and data-driven processes to build and refine our platform that supports our mission of bringing creative projects to life.
- You empathize with creators and recognize the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
- You enjoy working collaboratively and participating in team discussions and planning.
- You have a pragmatic approach to writing well-tested code.
- You have experience working iteratively and maintaining live products.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.
- Associate Product Manager, Payments
- Front End Engineer
- Staff Security Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer, API
- Software Engineer, Rewards & Fulfillment
- Senior Software Engineer, Personalization & Recommendations
- VP of Operations
- Senior Research Analyst
- Trust & Safety Analyst, Risk/Moderation
- Head of Design & Technology (Outreach)
- Outreach Lead, Design & Technology (Hong Kong)
- Senior Software Engineer
- Senior Product Manager, Creator Development
- Product Designer, Project Storytelling
- Senior Full Stack Engineer, Project Community