Front End Engineer
Kickstarter is looking for a front end engineer in our Vancouver office who will contribute directly to our platform for creators and makers, and who love building new products and solving problems.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s Engineering team builds and maintains our web and mobile applications. We care about crafting code for the long-term, shipping great product efficiently, and continually learning and teaching. We work in close partnership with designers and product managers in an iterative and experiment-driven process, building and refining our platform to help bring creative projects to life.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone who loves beautiful design, building new products and solving problems. We're seeking a skilled and passionate engineer who is friendly, collaborative, and supportive, and who values personal growth and positive feedback.. Our engineering team works closely with designers and product managers in small teams to create products our users love.
- Experience working with React, Redux, and GraphQL or similar frameworks.
- Awareness of browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Git and agile methodologies.
- Experience working iteratively on products that have been released into the wild and maintained.
- Advocate of the user who evaluates all of her work through a UX lens.
- An eye for detail and desire to craft beautiful interfaces.
- Comfortable prototyping ideas and evolving them based on user feedback.
- Eagle eye toward performance and responsiveness while building new features.
- Passion for writing tests to ensure delivering high-quality software.
- Experience working with a living style guide and applying its standards.
This position is full-time and based in our beautiful new Gastown offices. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.