Experimentation Manager, Insights
Kickstarter PBC is looking for a savvy Experimentation Manager to join our Insights team.
About the Team
Kickstarter is a complex and diverse ecosystem with an incredibly rich data set. The Insights team is tasked with harnessing this data, providing the organization with the analytical tools and actionable insights in order to drive meaningful impact across Kickstarter’s most strategic objectives. We’re passionate about finding new ways to use data and research to bring more creative projects to life.
About the Role
On a daily basis, you'll oversee all aspects of our experimentation program -- from concept to execution and reporting -- and cultivate a culture of experimentation at Kickstarter. You’ll design, implement, and analyze data experiments and help product managers, engineers, data scientists, and other stakeholders across Kickstarter develop data-informed strategies that move the needle. Your insights and wisdom will be essential to how Kickstarter evolves, and your expertise will guide us as we learn new things every step of the way.
You know how to ask the right questions — and how to guide product teams and experiments towards answering them, whether it’s using A/B testing, regression analysis, or multivariate analysis. Beyond just experiment design and program management, you’re a strategist and storyteller with the ability to work with product teams to identify opportunities for experimentation and drive towards actionable recommendations. If you’re excited about the prospect of helping our teams iterate and improve our understanding of the creative ecosystem, come join us!
- You have a rigorous understanding of experimentation best practices and techniques, including multiple comparisons, stopping rules, heterogeneous treatment effects, and Bayesian tests, while also understanding the business side of how to move quickly and extract actionable insights.
- You have extensive experience designing, implementing, and analyzing data experiments for a social or media platform or product.
- You have extensive experience managing experimentation projects across a company with Optimizely (or similar tool) and have experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to use data and insights to unlock growth opportunities, solve hard problems or understand tricky user behavior.
- You have extensive experience using analytical tools and languages like Looker, LookML, and SQL to perform data analysis and extract insights.
- You are excited to lead a culture of experimentation across a company and know how to work with people of different levels of technical familiarity to make experimentation accessible and impactful for their work.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.