Engineering Manager, Native Apps
About the role
As an Engineering manager for Kickstarter’s Native Apps team, you'll build and lead a team of engineers who are responsible for delivering world class Android and iOS apps that help bring creative projects to life.
While you won’t be expected to have significant code contributions, you’ll be responsible for helping with technical decisions, career coaching of the engineers reporting to you, and partnering with product and design.
On a typical day, you can expect to spend some time coordinating work in partnership with a product manager and designer, coaching engineers to level up their technical and soft skills, planning and scoping future projects, and maybe helping out on a small bug or feature.
- Have regular 1-1 meetings with engineers on your team, help mentor and unblock them
- Support their career development, give them routine feedback, and be their advocate
- Ensure the team is collaborating, communicating, and shipping at a high level
About the Team
- Highly collaborative and cross-functional. Both apps share the same patterns and engineers that learn one can typically jump into the other quickly.
- Our apps are open source! And our team prioritizes accessibility.
- Our iOS app is written in Swift and uses ReactiveSwift heavily while minimizing dependencies, and has close to 100% test coverage!
- Our Android app is written in Java and Kotlin, and leverages RxJava heavily, with unit tests for every ViewModel
We’re seeking a candidate with 3+ years of software development experience, and at least 2 years experience as a manager on an engineering team. Tell us a little about the apps and tech stacks you’ve worked on, and how you connect with the Kickstarter community. Bonus points if you’ve worked on or with a mobile development team!
This position is full-time and on-site at our beautiful office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, 401k contribution, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.