Kickstarter is seeking a top-notch designer to join our team. Your role will focus on research and development projects, including Kickstarter Live, our live video product. Kickstarter Live is a new way to share and experience the creative journey as it happens, and brings real time community engagement onto Kickstarter for the first time. In just a few weeks since launch tens of thousands of people have watched hundreds of creator live streams — musical performances, product demos, theatrical rehearsals, cooking shows, game demos and much more.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable working from concept to execution, collaborating with engineers to develop functional designs that will delight our users. You should have a strong sense of user experience, interaction design, typography, layout, composition, and color, and you must be extremely capable with Sketch, Photoshop, and other design tools. In your designs, you should enjoy pushing boundaries and developing scalable design systems. You should seek out opportunities and welcome the challenges that come along with creating a user experience that is engaging and inspiring.
What you'll do:
- Develop design solutions from concept to execution (brainstorm, user research, wireframe, prototype, visual design) for Kickstarter Live and other new products
- Extend Kickstarter Live’s product offering with new features
- Present, critique, and share design work to all stakeholders for feedback
- Turn challenging workflows into simple, usable, and elegant experiences
- Collaborate closely with engineers and other colleagues
- Have a strong Product Design portfolio (includes Visual Design and User Experience Design)
- Have 3+ years experience designing for web, native mobile, and email
- Use data and user research to support your design decisions Communicate design decisions openly and confidently
- Are a strong communicator who translates vision and intent into meaningful design
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk. Please send your resume, as well as some links to your work and a bit about yourself.
This position is full-time and based in our beautiful new Gastown offices. All full-time employees are eligible for our terrific benefits program, which includes stock options, full health/dental/vision coverage, generous vacation and family leave, and a wide variety of social and cultural events.