Kickstarter is seeking an experienced Android engineer who loves building new products and solving problems to join our team in Brooklyn. The successful candidate will embrace collaboration, eagerly tackle challenges of all sizes, value personal growth and welcome feedback.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s Engineering team builds and maintains our web and mobile applications. We care about crafting code for the long-term, shipping great product efficiently, and continually learning and teaching. We work in close partnership with designers and product managers in an iterative and experiment-driven process, building and refining our platform to help bring creative projects to life.
About the Role
Leveraging your experience shipping Android apps and supporting their lifecycle, you will work closely with other engineers to create new tools, improve on existing features and ensure a smooth user experience. We use ad-hoc QA servers to test and demo new features, GitHub pull requests for peer review, and continuous integration to run our test suites.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience building native apps (required).
- You have experience with design patterns in Android and Java.
- You are familiar, or interested in learning, functional programming and RxJava.
- You are familiar with testing in Android and writing easy-to-test code.
- You demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical ideas into understandable concepts for others.
- You are naturally curious and committed to learning and skill-sharing.
- You are collaborative and cooperative.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.