Spread the word but don't spam
What's spam? Some examples include:
- Emailing or direct messaging strangers, especially en masse
- Using email lists from third parties or soliciting backers of other Kickstarter projects
- Sending unsolicited @-replies on Twitter
- Link-bombing forums
- Promoting a project on other projects' pages
Sharing your project with friends, fans, and followers is one thing, but invading inboxes and social networks uninvited is another. Spamming makes you and every other Kickstarter project look bad, and it puts your project in jeopardy of being suspended. Not sure if something is spam? If you have to ask, it probably is.
Be respectful and considerate
- Don’t harass or make personal attacks.
- Don't post obscene, hateful, or objectionable content.
- Don't post copyrighted content without permission. Only post content that you have the rights to.
- If you don't like a project, don't back it. No need to be a jerk.