What’s the Last Thing You Backed?
Share this post
Here are our answers. What are yours? Leave us a comment below and let us know!
Cassie — Frankie Rose & the Outs It’s standard Cassiecore. Awesome girls playing good music and employing the “by their bootstraps” mentality of getting it all done. Their live vibe is amazing, check the clips of them playing in their practice space for proof, and their rewards are packed to the gills with cool shit. Mix tapes, b-sides, chess games, hair cuts… you name it. Total duh!
Fred — Grassroots Mapping the Gulf Oil Spill I picked Grassroots Mapping so I could test something and pledged $5, which isn’t a very good story. But once I took a peek, the photos looked incredible and I knew it was worthy.
And on further thought, I think its one of those perfect Kickstarter projects that comes up only once in a while — creative, innovative, open, and something that would otherwise have a very hard time finding funding on such short notice.
Andy — Time Traveling Finger: An Animated Series I’d never heard of the animated series or its creator, but Time Traveling Finger’s absurdist humor and flawless comic timing sold me. The project video was so intriguing, I went and watched every episode on his website. By the time I was done, I *had* to see the last episode… so put my money behind it.
What about you?
- Kickstarter announces new residency at Factory Berlin’s Creators Lab to foster creative communities
- Kickstarter Joins the Global Climate Strike on September 20
- Catch These 5 Kickstarter-Funded Performances this Fall
- Meet the Fall 2019 Kickstarter Creators-in-Residence
- Kickstarter Launches New Digital Resource for Emerging and Student Artists