What Happens When: Deliciousness.
Share this post
Replay with sound
As if the food weren’t enough, though, What Happens When also incorporates an experimental sound installation, created by composer Micah Silver:
Micah created a 120-minute composition that comes in and out of perceptibility and presence. Ingredients include “snow slowly covering plastic foliage brought to Walden Pond in Concord, MA; recordings extracted from YouTube videos made by teenagers at rural bonfires,” and the sounds of orchestra warm ups. With speakers placed throughout the dining room, entryway, and bathrooms, the soundscape connects food, time, and place. Hit play below to hear an excerpt of the sound shower at the entryway.Very cool! If you feel similarly inspired toward culinary adventure after checking out the photos and menu, below, you can make reservations for an upcoming night on Urbanspoon. Or head on over to their project page to support!
- Welcoming Camilla Zhang to Kickstarter’s Publishing & Comics Team
- Join us for Kickstarter’s Summer of Poetry
- New: Watch for the Hardware Studio Badge on Projects
- Introducing Kickstarter’s New Director of Music — Meredith Graves
- Exploring a “Totally Virtual Ecosystem” with DiMoDA and The Creative Independent