Welcoming Kickstarter Fellow Marisa Mazria Katz
Share this post
Today, I’m happy to announce the appointment of Marisa Mazria Katz as our newest Kickstarter Fellow.
Marisa is a New York-based writer who has covered culture and politics in cities that include Casablanca, Kabul, Port-au-Prince, and Istanbul. Her work has been featured in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, the New York Review of Books, Time, Vogue, and The New York Times. In addition to her writing, she ran a U.S. State Department-sponsored program in Casablanca, Morocco, that taught journalism and blogging to youth who have been marginalized.
Marisa was also the founding editor of Creative Time Reports, a website from the public art nonprofit Creative Time, which co-published artists’ work with The Guardian, Al Jazeera America, Foreign Policy, The New Yorker, The Intercept, and many more. Currently, she is the Editorial Producer at Eyebeam, a nonprofit organization that provides residencies focusing on artistic invention in technology and society.
As a Kickstarter Fellow, Marisa will be working closely with myself, our Editorial team, and The Creative Independent, helping us to think through our metrics for assessment, our long-term goals, and new strategies for collaborating with outside outlets. I’m very much looking forward to engaging with her expertise — and I'm excited about the potential for great things to come.
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence this Fall
- Kickstarter and Social Art Network Team Up to Support UK Artists
- Guidance on Crafting an Honest and Clearly Presented Project
- Kickstarter Teams Up with the École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie to Highlight 5 Projects from Emerging Photographers
- Break Tradition. Break Habit. Break Expectations. Break Kickstarter.