Welcoming Back Andy Baio as a Kickstarter Fellow
Share this post
Today we’re excited to welcome Andy Baio back to Kickstarter. Andy’s a longtime member of the Kickstarter family. He advised us early on, helping us build Kickstarter before we even launched! And we even convinced him to serve as our very first CTO afterwards.
Andy’s a creator, full-stop. He embodies the spirit of independence that Kickstarter is proud to stand for, and he’s brought several great Kickstarter projects of his own to life over the years. “Kind of Bloop” was a chiptune jazz tribute to Miles Davis. More than 1,700 backers got behind his project to revive Upcoming — the events community Andy originally started many moons ago. And, most recently, he co-founded XOXO, an experimental festival celebrating independent artists who work on the internet.
This time around Andy’s joining us a Kickstarter Fellow. The Kickstarter Fellows idea is still taking shape, but it’s kinda like a visiting scholars program at a university — we identify really talented people whose work we admire and invite them in to collaborate with our team for a focused period of time. In the long term, we see the Fellows program as a great opportunity to work alongside extraordinary individuals who want to conspire with us to push our mission forward. But in the meantime we’re just excited to have a chance to work with Andy again. Please join us in welcoming him back. :)
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence this Fall
- Kickstarter and Social Art Network Team Up to Support UK Artists
- Guidance on Crafting an Honest and Clearly Presented Project
- Kickstarter Teams Up with the École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie to Highlight 5 Projects from Emerging Photographers
- Break Tradition. Break Habit. Break Expectations. Break Kickstarter.