This Week in Kickstarter
Share this post
This week started off big in the world of tabletop miniatures — the Reaper Miniatures Bones: An Evolution Of Gaming Miniatures project became our 10th million dollar project. With just a day left, they've got over $2 million and counting, so get those tiny Ebonwraths and Hydras while you can.
Some juicy developments for synthesizers: First up is DEVOBOTS, which is basically what it sounds like if you can imagine it. They combine a few of our favorite things — legendary punk/new wave group Devo, and of course, robots. It features a modular synthesizer with unreleased Devo sounds and also a robot-making app that you can use to create crazy music. Whip it good.
Next up is some sweet GIF action from Molecule Synth:An Electronic Musical Instrument for Everyone. (We love pretty much anything in the form of a GIF.)
For project creators, this week we launched something that might make your life a little easier: the backer info card!
And for everyone else, we took it to the streets (or Facebook, really) and asked the world for advice on what to name a shade of grey (for Ninety-Nine Shades of Grey) and what sentence to have translated in Chinese (for The Secret Guide to Alternative Beijing). As always, we are delighted to hear what you come up with, from "Gray Bradbury" to "My hovercraft is full of eels."
We'll leave you this week with Kickstarter, as explained by a panda. Until next time!
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence this Fall
- Kickstarter and Social Art Network Team Up to Support UK Artists
- Guidance on Crafting an Honest and Clearly Presented Project
- Kickstarter Teams Up with the École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie to Highlight 5 Projects from Emerging Photographers
- Break Tradition. Break Habit. Break Expectations. Break Kickstarter.