This Week in Kickstarter
Share this post
Live this week from Park City, Utah it's....This Week in Kickstarter! Ok, ok, I'm not actually at Sundance, but a lot of Kickstarter projects are. Seventeen, count 'em, seventeen(!) films that were funded on Kickstarter are set to premiere at the illustrious Bob Redford-approved festival. No big deal, you guys. Our very own Liz Holm is on the scene in Park City taking in the festivities and has already spotted a ton of Kickstarter projects out in the wild. Case in point, this bulletin board plastered with posters for Fourplay: Tampa, letting passersby know exactly when they can check the film out. Awesome!
While some projects are starting, others are heading to their end destinations. For instance, Ko Nakatsu's HIYA rewards are almost all but out the door. But before he hit the post office, Ko did a lil something-something with his boxes. Look closely and you'll see that all these boxes, laid out in this way says thanks to all backers who helped them get this far. If I weren't already crying from listening to Bill Callahan all day, this would set me off.
We've covered the initial stages of a project, and the later already in this post, so let's cut to the meat and potatoes of a project. And so, let's take a peek inside Cody & Einat, a short film currently funding on site and already in production, as we can see from this amazing shot which finds Einat in the process of becoming, er himself.
Stay tuned for more next week!
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence this Fall
- Kickstarter and Social Art Network Team Up to Support UK Artists
- Guidance on Crafting an Honest and Clearly Presented Project
- Kickstarter Teams Up with the École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie to Highlight 5 Projects from Emerging Photographers
- Break Tradition. Break Habit. Break Expectations. Break Kickstarter.