The Year in Kickstarter: 2016
Share this post
Last year more than 3.5 million generous people from around the world supported tens of thousands of independent creators on Kickstarter. Together they brought imaginative new ideas, and a more diverse culture to life. Today we’re celebrating some of the brightest moments from that community with The Year in Kickstarter: 2016.
It was a big year for the team here at Kickstarter HQ, too. We opened up to independent creators in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Mexico, introduced a new way to share and experience the creative journey with Kickstarter Live, published the findings of the first study to trace Kickstarter’s impact on the creative economy, launched The Creative Independent, and so much more.
Over the next year, lifting the voices of independent creators will become even more important. We’re committed to giving those voices a stage, and helping them earn an audience. To that end we’ve just launched a creative initiative to encourage more people to create in 2017. Speak your mind. Bring your vision to life. Now’s the time to create.
- How Kickstarter Creators Are Coping with the Coronavirus
- Kickstarter y el Festival Internacional de Cine de Guanajuato presentan 12 proyectos cinematográficos dirigidos por estudiantes universitarios en México
- Kickstarter and Guanajuato International Film Festival to Feature 12 Student-Led Film Projects in Mexico
- How to Participate in Signs of Change, Kickstarter’s Upcoming Open Call
- Mexican Game Designer Héctor Pérez Funded Four Games on Kickstarter—Here Are His Tips for International Campaigns