The TikTok, Coming to An Apple Store Near You
Share this post
It’s been almost six months to the day since Scott Wilson launched the TikTok+LunaTik project, his design for an iPod Nano Watchband that has completely changed the way people think of the miniature device. As Wilson put it in a recent interview, the TikTok+LunaTik “gave the Nano a home.” The real proof of that is in the fact that, according to the survey Wilson sent out to backers after his project ended, 76% of backers who pledged for the watchband had to purchase an iPod Nano just to use it! With that in mind, it seems fitting that Apple has just announced their plan to begin carrying the design in North American stores.
It’s almost flabbergasting how quickly Wilson’s idea went from concept to reality, and even more insane to see that reality enter the hallowed Apple ground. Next time I’m chilling at the Genius Bar, I’ll make sure to find the TikTok, tap some stranger on the shoulder, and say, “See this? This was a Kickstarter project.”
- Support Creative Work for Its Own Sake. Back It Because You Believe in It.
- Product Upgrade: Create and Share a Project Budget
- Moor Mother, Lightning Bolt, Stroom, and Príncipe Know That When It Comes to Creative Disciplines, More Is More
- Bluetooth or Wi-Fi: Which Is Best for Your Project?
- When to Move from Hobby Boards to a Product-Specific Custom Solution