Share this post
The omnipresent fact of an ice cream driver’s life is, without a doubt, the music. This issues from a nasty little metal box on the dashboard that has four settings, corresponding to the four songs that will provide the sound track for the day. “Pop Goes the Weasel” is pretty much out of the question: Building as it does to its absurd little climax every nine seconds or so, it’s the sonic equivalent of Chinese water torture. “Turkey in the Straw” is OK for a while, but pretty soon it starts to make you feel like you’re on Hee Haw.
The third selection is a simple two-tone progression, the “dee-dum” that big trucks are required to make when they’re backing up. For a while, this one seemed to have promise as a sort of electronic mantra, and I managed to amuse myself by pretending it was the new Philip Glass record, but this wore thin after a while. There’s no way around it: You’re stuck with “The Entertainer.”
- 12 Kickstarter-Funded Films to Premiere at the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival
- Take a Seat, Play Some Games: Come to Kickstarter’s Couchland at PAX East
- Granby Workshop: Rebuilding a Neighborhood Through Creative Projects
- Product Upgrades: Creator Dashboard on Android, and More
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence This Summer