Share this post
The omnipresent fact of an ice cream driver’s life is, without a doubt, the music. This issues from a nasty little metal box on the dashboard that has four settings, corresponding to the four songs that will provide the sound track for the day. “Pop Goes the Weasel” is pretty much out of the question: Building as it does to its absurd little climax every nine seconds or so, it’s the sonic equivalent of Chinese water torture. “Turkey in the Straw” is OK for a while, but pretty soon it starts to make you feel like you’re on Hee Haw.
The third selection is a simple two-tone progression, the “dee-dum” that big trucks are required to make when they’re backing up. For a while, this one seemed to have promise as a sort of electronic mantra, and I managed to amuse myself by pretending it was the new Philip Glass record, but this wore thin after a while. There’s no way around it: You’re stuck with “The Entertainer.”
- Lucky 7: For the seventh year in a row, Kickstarter-funded films are nominated for Oscars
- Our First 100 Days in Mexico
- Kickstarter Partners with New Art Dealers Alliance (NADA) for a Weekend of Arts Events in NYC
- New Ways to Dive Into Kickstarter Live
- Make Some Noise: Kickstarter Creators at the Grammys