The 2nd Annual Kickstarter Film Festival
Share this post
On July 9th of last year Kickstarter was joined by Rooftop Films to host the inaugural Kickstarter Film Festival. The night featured a dozen films, live music, and tasty treats prepared by Kickstarter-ed food vendors. It was an unforgettable evening, and today we’re thrilled to announce that we’re doing it again.
The 2nd Annual Kickstarter Film Festival will be held the evening of Saturday, July 9th in Brooklyn, New York. Tickets will go on sale exclusively here on Kickstarter next Wednesday, June 29th, at 3pm EST.
This year's festival will feature 100 minutes of footage from 16 different projects. The clips will range anywhere from two to ten minutes in length, and will cover every conceivable visual form: feature films, documentaries, shorts, project videos, found footage, art films, animation, and music videos. The lineup includes:
- The premiere of Canyon Candy, the ten-minute short film from the band Javelin
- A very, very special screening of an extended clip from Girl Walk that you won’t want to miss
- Selections from Sara Rara of Lucky Dragons’ art film A Ray Array
- Three of the best Kickstarter project videos... of all time
- An extended clip from The Twelve O’Clock Boyz, a documentary on Baltimore’s outlaw dirt bike culture
- A surreal selection from the found Super-8 archive of Our Nixon
And of course many, many more. Check out our Film Festival Curated Page for the full lineup.
All of these will be screened on the roof and in the courtyard of the Old American Can Factory in Gowanus, Brooklyn:
The evening will also feature a host of amazing vendors and activities. There will be tasty snacks and other goodies from two amazing Kickstarter-funded eateries with specially crafted menu items: Brooklyn’s Colonie and Soho’s What Happens When. And City ‘Lasses Original Blackstrap Molasses drinks will also be on hand, along with a couple others.
We'll also have innovative and exciting Kickstarter projects in residence.
- Oneironautics will introduce lucid dreaming and provide one-on-one consultations on how to effectively journey through one’s dreams
- The Magnolia Photo Booth Company will be on hand to snap pictures of guests with their earth- and travel-friendly photo booth
Trade School will offer a belt-making class. And who knows -- after all the delicious snacks, you just might need a new one!
And that's not even all! We're expecting another memorable evening, and we hope that you can join us. Thanks so much!
- Presentamos Esto es Riso, una celebración de la risografía mexicana
- Introducing Designed by Artists
- Toward Better 3D Printers: A New Test From Autodesk and Kickstarter
- Mark Your Calendars: 16 Kickstarter-Funded Performances to Watch in NYC This Fall
- 2 Million People Have Pledged $100M to Art on Kickstarter