Talking Shop: Contemporary Photography, Online and Offline
Share this post
Photography is an art form that precedes the internet by nearly 150 years. So how does contemporary photography, a longstanding analog art, reconcile with a new digital age?
More than just a platform for distribution, the internet promises new ways for people to interact and engage with photography. But there are challenges, pitfalls, and complications that many photographers are just discovering. We invited some industry pros to Kickstarter HQ to share their insights on creating, sharing, and curating work in the contemporary photography landscape. The panel features Chris Boot (Aperture Foundation), Romke Hoogwaerts (Mossless), Amy Lombard (Happy Inside), and Emma Raynes (Magnum Foundation). Enjoy the full panel, including the Q&A, above.
- Kickstarter Music Promises to Keep It Weird at SXSW
- Meet the Spring 2019 Kickstarter Creators-in-Residence
- Explore 12 Projects from Emerging Mexican Filmmakers Premiering at the Guanajuato International Film Festival
- 16 Kickstarter-Funded Films Are Headed to the 2019 SXSW Film Festival
- Meet Kickstarter’s 2019 Thought Leaders