Talking Shop: Contemporary Photography, Online and Offline
Share this post
Photography is an art form that precedes the internet by nearly 150 years. So how does contemporary photography, a longstanding analog art, reconcile with a new digital age?
More than just a platform for distribution, the internet promises new ways for people to interact and engage with photography. But there are challenges, pitfalls, and complications that many photographers are just discovering. We invited some industry pros to Kickstarter HQ to share their insights on creating, sharing, and curating work in the contemporary photography landscape. The panel features Chris Boot (Aperture Foundation), Romke Hoogwaerts (Mossless), Amy Lombard (Happy Inside), and Emma Raynes (Magnum Foundation). Enjoy the full panel, including the Q&A, above.
- Product Upgrade: A Calculator for Funding Goals
- Kickstarter and The Eyeslicer to Host New “Radical Film Fair” in Brooklyn
- Kickstarter-Funded Games Sweep Gen Con Awards
- Kickstarter Teams up with shesaid.so to Support Women and Nonbinary Folks in the Music Industry
- Product Upgrades: Project Quotes in Comments, and More