Putty Hill Premieres in NYC
Share this post
Exactly one year ago today, filmmaker Matthew Porterfield used Kickstarter to successfully raise $20,000 for his up-and-coming independent feature film, Putty Hill. Since that time, we’ve watched the film critically blossom, garnering accolades from the likes of Roger Ebert and The New Yorker, and have a warmly received premiere at the Berlin Film Festival. Now, we’re thrilled to announce it’s stateside premiere, February 18th at Cinema Village in New York City. Opening night will be accompanied by Q&A’s with an array of special guests, including our very own Yancey Strickler (so proud of you, boss!).
Putty Hill Premiere — Friday, February 18thCheck out a trailer for the finished film, below, and if you’re in the area, tickets for opening night can still be purchased here.
After 5pm screening, Yancey Strickler (Kickstarter)
After 7pm screening, Jonathan Caouette (Tarnation) with Putty Hill crew. Sky Ferriera presents.
After 9pm screening, Yance Ford (POV), Esther Robinson (ArtHome, Danny Williams: A Walk Into the Sea), and Ross Kauffman (Born Into Brothels) from Cinema Eye’s Heterodox Award
- Explore 12 Projects from Emerging Mexican Filmmakers Premiering at the Guanajuato International Film Festival
- 16 Kickstarter-Funded Films Are Headed to the 2019 SXSW Film Festival
- Meet Kickstarter’s 2019 Thought Leaders
- Exquisite Objects: Discover Rare and Beautiful Books on Kickstarter
- Comics on Kickstarter Keep Hitting New Highs