Product Upgrades: Creator Dashboard on Android, and More
Share this post
We’ve got a few nice product improvements to talk about today, including the debut of the Creator Dashboard in the Kickstarter Android app.
In case you haven’t seen it on our site or iOS app, the Creator Dashboard gives creators a bird’s-eye view of the latest activity on a live or completed project. In the latest update to our Android app, the dashboard offers:
- An overview of funding progress.
- A breakdown of the most popular rewards.
- The top sources of pledges.
- Quick access to messages, as well as all the projects you’ve launched or collaborated on.
This upgrade to our Android app is available right now.
Here’s an upgrade that will make both creators and backers happy: On our site and in both of our apps, project videos now display in HD. That’s 216% more pixels than before. We’ve also added adaptive streaming, meaning we adjust the video quality based on the speed of your internet connection.
Project videos that were uploaded on or after Feb. 19 will automatically display in HD. Creators who uploaded videos before then are welcome to re-upload them to take advantage of the improved pixel count.
We’ve also improved the process of starting a new Kickstarter project on our site, giving more context to creators as they pick a category for their project, describe their idea, and select their location. And we’ve added a new project overview page that helps creators keep track of what’s left to do before they launch.
We’re always working to make Kickstarter better and easier to use. We hope you enjoy these upgrades!
- Introducing Designed by Artists
- Toward Better 3D Printers: A New Test From Autodesk and Kickstarter
- Mark Your Calendars: 16 Kickstarter-Funded Performances to Watch in NYC This Fall
- 2 Million People Have Pledged $100M to Art on Kickstarter
- Announcing NFTS Platform!, a New Initiative to Support the Next Generation of Filmmakers