Our Latest Kickstarter Fellow: Fred Benenson
Share this post
Fred Benenson was Kickstarter’s second employee and ran our data team before leaving in 2016 to explore new things. Today, we're happy to announce that he’s coming back for a bit as a Kickstarter Fellow.
Fred’s wide-ranging curiosity about technology and culture has taken him down some surprising paths. In fact, before he joined Kickstarter, Fred was already a Kickstarter creator. Emoji Dick, his crowdsourced translation of Moby Dick into emoji, was the first emoji work to be added to the Library of Congress. More recently, he co-created Pitch Deck, a tabletop game that’s a great parody of startup mania. And Fred has three other Kickstarter projects under his belt, so he’s intimately familiar with creators’ needs.
Over the next several months, Fred will be helping us build the next version of the Creator Dashboard, which is where creators go for data on a live project: its funding progress, the latest pledges, top referrals, and so forth. He’ll be looking at how we can give creators the insights they need to run the most effective campaigns and build their communities on Kickstarter. We’re looking forward to working with him again!
- Welcoming Camilla Zhang to Kickstarter’s Publishing & Comics Team
- Join us for Kickstarter’s Summer of Poetry
- New: Watch for the Hardware Studio Badge on Projects
- Introducing Kickstarter’s New Director of Music — Meredith Graves
- Exploring a “Totally Virtual Ecosystem” with DiMoDA and The Creative Independent