Meet the Team: Tomasz and Nicole
Share this post
We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves, so every week, we're going to highlight a couple members of the Kickstarter team to tell us about themselves and pick out a few projects — past or present, successful or not — that they're especially fond of. We're also asking them to talk about why, and to let us make GIFs of them.
This week we chatted with Tomasz and Nicole:
Job: "I make video stuff."
- Let's Make the New Sleep Good Album Happen! — "First project I backed! Will was a student of mine in an Intro to Film class I was teaching. I remember being intimidated by how naturally talented he was. Check out the entire thing here."
- A New Album by Keith Zarriello — "I still have never seen so much emotion pouring out of a project. I often see Keith on the subway and around our neighborhood here in Greenpoint. Not really sure why I don't stop him to say hi..."
- Ghost line — "Every facet of Cori's Ghost line project was awe-inspiring and made even better by witnessing it develop through updates and multiple projects. The first project video and accompanying test films will show you where it all started."
Job: "I talk to people and help them make art and fashion projects."
- Foam Brain Metal d20 pins — "My desk is stacked with bags of dice for our biweekly Dungeons and Dragons game, but sometimes you just need to carry a part of your Level One Neutral Elf with you. Ideally pinned on your coat. I credit my Foam Brain pin for giving me the mystical power to roll 20s at just the right moment."
- Question Bridge — "This is a transmedia project that creates a space for black men of various backgrounds to discuss and redefine black male identity in America. I was so thrilled to see this project I'd been hearing about launch on Kickstarter to expand the artists' important and fascinating work. I spent a few hours sucked into the videos, and I suggest you do the same."
- COOL DOG ANNUAL STICKER FUND 2014 — "I backed this project for the COOL DOG t-shirt but I'm thinking about upping my pledge so I can also get a sharpie drawing of a boy trapped in a well."
- Avocado Season — "Once I get my COOL DOG t-shirt I will obviously pair it with these avocado-print high-waisted shorts. Add some sandals and a sun hat and you'll have your perfect summer outfit."
- Explore 12 Projects from Emerging Mexican Filmmakers Premiering at the Guanajuato International Film Festival
- 16 Kickstarter-Funded Films Are Headed to the 2019 SXSW Film Festival
- Meet Kickstarter’s 2019 Thought Leaders
- Exquisite Objects: Discover Rare and Beautiful Books on Kickstarter
- Comics on Kickstarter Keep Hitting New Highs