Meet the Team: Sam C. and Stephanie
Share this post
We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves. So every week, a couple members of the Kickstarter team will be saying hello, and picking out a few projects — past or present, successful or not — that they're especially fond of. (They will also be posing for GIFs. The GIFs are mandatory.)
This week, meet Sam C. and Stephanie:
Sam Cole (@samuelcole)
Job: "I'm an engineer at Kickstarter, which is just a way of saying that I help make the tools people use to create and discover projects."
- Publishing Genius 2.0 — "This is a great tiny press that publishes great books (like Fun Camp). Hopefully all books will be made this way one day. <3 these guys."
- Treachery in Beatdown City — "A socially conscious turn-based brawler? Awesome. This project almost didn't make it, and it really stressed me out."
- Grandroids — "OMG, my whole life revolved around the Creatures games while I was growing up. I was so psyched to see that the creator was working on another game and he was using Kickstarter to fund it!"
Stephanie Pereira (@happeness)
Job: "I'm part of Kickstarter's Partnerships team. For the past 2+ years I've looked after art and artists, and I'm now very excited to be focusing on international and civic partnerships."
- Danube Revisited: The Inge Morath Truck Project — "I love these nine ladies and their incredible project to travel and make and share art along the Danube river this summer so much. I am actually hoping to run away with them."
- Radio Diaries: New Season — "Part of PRX's crazy beautiful Radiotopia family. SO excited for this project."
- The Kuramoto Model (1000 Fireflies) — "Fun little public art meets technology meets flash mob on wheels project from a Nuit Blanche style festival in Minneapolis called Northern Lights. More like this please."