Meet the Team: Julie and Jake
Share this post
We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves. So every week, a couple members of the Kickstarter team will be saying hello, and picking out a few projects — past or present, successful or not — that they're especially fond of. (They will also be posing for GIFs. The GIFs are mandatory.)
This week, meet Julie and Jake:
Julie Wood (@juliewood)
Job: "I talk to reporters and producers and bloggers about Kickstarter and awesome projects."
- Happy Trash Day — "Sanitation workers have the hardest job! This little art project throws surprise parties for them when they come around to pick up the trash."
- Grow Urban Farms in Brooklyn's Empty Lots — "Pretty simple: productive green space > vacant lots."
- Korengal — "This film depicts the daily-life experiences of American soldiers in war. I backed it for a ticket to the premiere, where brilliant filmmaker Sebastian Junger shared some important wisdom about promoting a culture that supports veterans, and how we can just all be better to each other."
- Bring Sunny's Back Home! — "This was the first Kickstarter project I backed. Sunny's is the best. Red Hook! Cheap beers! Tunes!"
Jake Loeterman (@jakeloet)
Job: "I investigate risky behavior and figure out how to keep our system healthy."
- Introducing Art History to Inmates — "Learning about art can often be a transformative experience. It would be amazing if this became a trend."
- High Voltage Image Making — "These are prints of film exposed to a blast of electrical charge, the effect of which is something like scientific tie-dye: the fractal-like networks, set against blurred abstraction, create a cosmos. They're totally mystical."
- Dorrance's "It's All About Mimi" — "My mom and I loved this book. A minimalist chic mom understands her newfound motherhood through an aesthetic. It's hysterical."
- NeoLucida - A Portable Camera Lucida for the 21st Century — "I wrote my senior thesis on Vermeer, so when I saw this affordable remake of the camera lucida designed by two art professors, I was stoked."
- Introducing Designed by Artists
- Toward Better 3D Printers: A New Test From Autodesk and Kickstarter
- Mark Your Calendars: 16 Kickstarter-Funded Performances to Watch in NYC This Fall
- 2 Million People Have Pledged $100M to Art on Kickstarter
- Announcing NFTS Platform!, a New Initiative to Support the Next Generation of Filmmakers