Meet the Team: Jamie and Shannon
Share this post
We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves. So every week, a couple members of the Kickstarter team will be saying hello, and picking out a few projects — past or present, successful or not — that they're especially fond of. (They will also be posing for GIFs. The GIFs are mandatory.)
This week, meet Jamie and Shannon:
Jamie Tanner (@jamietanner)
Job: "Community Manager for Comics. Basically, I talk to creators and help them make Comics projects. It's awesome. Here are a couple great live Comics projects, and a few other favorites."
- Little Nemo: Dream Another Dream — "Philadelphia’s Locust Moon Comics assembled this giant anthology, featuring over 100 of today's best cartoonists paying tribute to legendary cartoonist Winsor McCay. I’m biased, as I contributed a comic to this book, but it looks amazing."
- Yellow Zine issue 5 — "The latest snazzy-lookin’ Comics project from Roman Muradov. Even a $1 pledge yields great comics as a reward."
- Ned Rifle — "Hal Hartley, one of my all-time favorite directors, makes the third film in his Henry Fool series. Cannot wait to see this movie. His earlier project, Meanwhile, is fantastic, too."
- Neat Ice Kit — "A kit to make big ice cubes for fancy cocktails. Love it."
- Robin writes a book (and you get a copy) — "The first project I ever backed, and still one of my favorites. Robin Sloan, now a bestselling author, wrote a sci-fi detective novella and documented his fascinating process as he went along."
Shannon Ferguson (@theshanferg)
Job: "What I do here? I work on hiring, culture, and generally making sure Kickstarter is a wonderful place to be for all the amazing folks who work here. I basically just try to back projects from my home state of Missouri. Also, I like public art, things I can eat, odd things from rural places, and super nerdy ones that play with math and science. Here are some examples."
- Public Lab DIY Spectrometry Kit — "Science everywhere you go, on your own phone, in your house, out in the world? There is nothing more awesome. I did a huge amount of spectroscopy in college to test for arsenic in soils, and this project lets me relive my glory days in the comfort of my own home."
- Fair Shares Funds: Marcoot Jersey Creamery — "Cheese curds, Missouri, farms, need I say more? My friends at home got to pick up my reward at their local park and eat it for dinner. A+."
- Scratchbox Project — "I like glowing stuff and people getting together to make things — this seems charming on both those levels!"
- Trash Tower — "Carol Baum wants to do something to get people thinking about litter in her 'hood, and I think that's great. Let's build a trash tower and watch what happens."
- New Beginnings
- Kickstarter Music Promises to Keep It Weird at SXSW
- Meet the Spring 2019 Kickstarter Creators-in-Residence
- Explore 12 Projects from Emerging Mexican Filmmakers Premiering at the Guanajuato International Film Festival
- 16 Kickstarter-Funded Films Are Headed to the 2019 SXSW Film Festival