Meet the Team: Chase and George
Share this post
We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves. So every week, a couple members of the Kickstarter team will be saying hello, and picking out a few projects — past or present, successful or not — that they're especially fond of. (They will also be posing for GIFs. The GIFs are mandatory.)
This week, meet Chase and George:
Job: "I help watch over Kickstarter and maintain the system's integrity."
- Tharsis Sleeps — "I love to see an artist take a perfectly good, well defined process and decide they can complicate it immensely. Tharsis Sleeps is an animated short about terraforming Mars, but every frame is an embroidered patch. Naturally, the music video for a psychedelic metal band."
- World Domination Gardening 3-DVD set — "Farming and gardening are deeply ideological, but we are rarely condition to believe so. People should know how that ideology manifests, and World Domination Gardening documented just that. Plants are awesome, respecting them is extra awesome. And now I have several hours of people respecting plants to nerd out over!"
- Roll Play Dice Tees 2 — "I need a flashier way to show the world that I'm super serious about die-based role playing. Enter these shirts. Killer."
George Schmalz (@schmalztastic)
Job: "I help creators with film projects, and generally stare at film projects in various states of completion all day every day. These are a few of my recent favorites — currently live on site and needing some help finding their way over the finish line..."
- The Viking of 6th Avenue — "Documentary chronicling the life of famed New York street personality and composer Moondog. Chances are he's crossed paths with some of your favorite musicians."
- Two Please — "This is a sequel to the great dark comedy/horror short One Please (premiered earlier this year at Tribeca). Michael Berryman plays an ice-cream man who trades in some interesting currency."
- Mountains of Madness — "Animated version of Lovecraft's 'At The Mountains Of Madness.' This may be the only chance the world will ever have of seeing this story come to filmic life. After you check out the campaign find the original short here."
- Ambulante — "Diego Luna & Gael Garcia Bernal's traveling doc fest is making its first sojourn to the United States this fall."
- The Janet Collins Story — "Animated short about the first African-American ballerina to perform at the Metropolitan Opera. Features some beautiful artwork."