kind of bloop
Share this post
A very good project went up today called Kind of Bloop: An 8-Bit Tribute to Miles Davis to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Kind of Blue. The creator is Andy Baio, he of Waxy and general internet fame. Andy is raising $2,000 so he can properly license (good for him!) and pay for the Davis covers; he’s hiring five 8-bit artists to make the songs using their instruments, in this case original Nintendos and other gaming systems.
Incredibly, Andy raised his $2,000 in a matter of hours. There’s still more money to be made, as this album will only be distributed through Kickstarter, and it’s great that the project’s future is already secured. Well done.
- 12 Kickstarter-Funded Films to Premiere at the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival
- Take a Seat, Play Some Games: Come to Kickstarter’s Couchland at PAX East
- Granby Workshop: Rebuilding a Neighborhood Through Creative Projects
- Product Upgrades: Creator Dashboard on Android, and More
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence This Summer