kind of bloop
Share this post
A very good project went up today called Kind of Bloop: An 8-Bit Tribute to Miles Davis to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Kind of Blue. The creator is Andy Baio, he of Waxy and general internet fame. Andy is raising $2,000 so he can properly license (good for him!) and pay for the Davis covers; he’s hiring five 8-bit artists to make the songs using their instruments, in this case original Nintendos and other gaming systems.
Incredibly, Andy raised his $2,000 in a matter of hours. There’s still more money to be made, as this album will only be distributed through Kickstarter, and it’s great that the project’s future is already secured. Well done.
- New Ways to Dive Into Kickstarter Live
- Make Some Noise: Kickstarter Creators at the Grammys
- Building a Creative Career on Kickstarter: A Visit to Kingdom Death
- Kickstarter Joins Amicus Brief in Support of America’s Tradition of Welcoming Immigrants
- Bust a Move: Four Kickstarter-funded Dance Films Included in Dance on Camera Festival