kind of bloop
Share this post
A very good project went up today called Kind of Bloop: An 8-Bit Tribute to Miles Davis to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Kind of Blue. The creator is Andy Baio, he of Waxy and general internet fame. Andy is raising $2,000 so he can properly license (good for him!) and pay for the Davis covers; he’s hiring five 8-bit artists to make the songs using their instruments, in this case original Nintendos and other gaming systems.
Incredibly, Andy raised his $2,000 in a matter of hours. There’s still more money to be made, as this album will only be distributed through Kickstarter, and it’s great that the project’s future is already secured. Well done.
- Explore 12 Projects from Emerging Mexican Filmmakers Premiering at the Guanajuato International Film Festival
- 16 Kickstarter-Funded Films Are Headed to the 2019 SXSW Film Festival
- Meet Kickstarter’s 2019 Thought Leaders
- Exquisite Objects: Discover Rare and Beautiful Books on Kickstarter
- Comics on Kickstarter Keep Hitting New Highs