Kickstarter Podcast #5: Glorkian Warrior
Share this post
In the latest Kickstarter Podcast (subscribe on iTunes or listen online), we sit down with indie comics legend James Kochalka and Pixeljam Games’ Rich Grillotti and Miles Tilmann about Glorkian Warrior, a retro-inspired videogame that mixes hand-drawn and 8-bit pixel animation.
James Kochalka is undeniably prolific, though he balks at the word. He’s kept a daily comic diary of his life on American Elf for the last 12 years, released 40+ books, recorded 10 albums, and just appeared in a scifi film. But he’s never made a videogame, something he’d been aching to do since he was a kid.
Thanks to a chance meeting at a chiptune concert, Kochalka’s collaborating with Pixeljam Games to make it happen. Pixeljam’s responsible for some of the web’s most addictive and innovative Flash games, such as Dino Run, Gamma Bros., Ratmaze, and Mountain Maniac. It’s a match made in geek heaven.
Their Kickstarter project ends tonight, so get the Glorkian Warrior game, mini-comic, and other exclusive rewards while you can.
- Kickstarter and Social Art Network Team Up to Support UK Artists
- Guidance on Crafting an Honest and Clearly Presented Project
- Kickstarter Teams Up with the École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie to Highlight 5 Projects from Emerging Photographers
- Break Tradition. Break Habit. Break Expectations. Break Kickstarter.
- Kickstarter Is Now Available in Chinese and Italian