Kickstarter in London
Share this post
We're just shy of two weeks since opening Kickstarter to UK-based creators, and we couldn't be more excited about all of the wonderful projects already underway.
Have a project of your own in mind, or just want to learn more about Kickstarter? You're in luck! We've organized a few workshops in London this week, and we'd love to see you there.
Our own Yancey Strickler will be leading several sessions of Kickstarter School, a step-by-step guide to creating and running a Kickstarter project.
On Friday morning, 16 November, we're pleased to be setting up shop at The Barbican. Yancey will be joined by members of the Kickstarter community, including Emilie Holmes, of the London-based Good & Proper Tea brew bar and Adrian Hon of Zombies, Run! and A History of the Future in 100 Objects. We'll start with a primer on Kickstarter, then hear directly from creators about their experiences. This event is free and open to the public, no reservations required. More details below.
Saturday morning, 17 November, you can find us at the cozy Aubin Cinema in Shoreditch, where we'll deep dive into structuring a campaign, what kind of rewards work best, how to spread the word, and other helpful tips. Please note seats for this event are extremely limited and RSVP is required.
We can't wait to meet you and hear all about your projects in the making!
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence this Fall
- Kickstarter and Social Art Network Team Up to Support UK Artists
- Guidance on Crafting an Honest and Clearly Presented Project
- Kickstarter Teams Up with the École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie to Highlight 5 Projects from Emerging Photographers
- Break Tradition. Break Habit. Break Expectations. Break Kickstarter.