Kickstarter heads to PAX Prime 2012
Share this post
We're super excited to announce the return of the Kickstarter Arcade at PAX!
We'll be taking over a space at the Grand Hyatt (Building E) and filling it with a fantastic group of game creators who've brought everything from sci-fi action adventures, to turn-based strategy games, to old school beat 'em ups! Oh, and that one card game that is always sold out because it's absolutely horrible? They'll be there.
Be sure to check out the complete list of participating projects, demos, and panels below. Plus, if you like hoarding, er, collecting, we've also made a ton of new stuff just for PAX that we think you'll love. Hope to see you all there!
- Cards Against Humanity - Max Temkin & Co. are back with their disturbingly popular card game. Should the apocalypse come, copies of this game will probably replace regular currency.
- Octodad 2 - Philip Tibitoski and Young Horses will be joining us on Saturday to exhibit this infuriatingly challenging game. Octopus-based physics engine -- need I say more?
- Diamond Trust of London - Jason Rohrer presents his new turn-based strategy game for the Nintendo DS, three years in the making! Bring your DSes (DS's? DSs?) and battle your friends.
- Lifeless Planet - David Board hails from Alaska and has made a haunting sci-fi adventure game for you to play.
- Endless Migration 2 - Jonathan Larkin and the HotAirRaccoon team will be on hand to show you how to fly.
- Borogove - Kory Bing draws a web comic called Skin Deep, within which a fictional game called Borogove is played. Now, you can play this fictional game with real people. Craaaaazy.
- Organ Trail - Zombies are the new dysentery! Ryan Wiemeyer and The Men Who Wear Many Hats have made a game that is like Oregon Trail, but with more zombies and entrails. CDC approved.
- Fist Puncher - If you watch their Kickstarter video, you will see brothers Matt and Jake Lewandowski in a hot tub. They also made a manic button-mashing punching game that's pretty fun too.
- Guts of Glory - Zach Gage made a card game about eating and the apocalypse, two things which should be high on your list of concerns.
- 10am - 1pm Miskatonic School for Girls
- 1pm - 2pm Sentinels of the Multiverse
- 2pm - 4pm Oh My God! There's an Axe In My Head
The Double Fine Adventure Adventure (Friday, 1pm Kraken Theater)
Join Double Fine and 2 Player Productions as they publicly screen footage from the Double Fine Adventure Documentary for the first time! A Q&A will follow, featuring Tim Schafer (Double Fine), Greg Rice (Double Fine), Paul Levering (2 Player Productions), and Cindy Au (Kickstarter).
Up Close with Kickstarter: Case Studies in Game Development (Saturday, 1pm Pegasus Theater)
We’ve invited Mark Teppo from Subutai Corporation (CLANG), Jason Rohrer (Passage, Diamond Trust of London), Max Temkin (Cards Against Humanity), and Zach Gage (Guts of Glory, Bit Pilot) to talk about the challenges and rewards of self-funding and developing a game with your fans. Join us for a lively discussion about the ups, the downs, and everything in between of building Kickstarter into your development process. We’ll dive deep into these case studies and tell the story of each project from beginning to end. Cindy Au (Kickstarter) will moderate.
Cards Against Humanity (Saturday, 9:30pm Unicorn Theater)
Cards Against Humanity is pulling all the stops at what is sure to be an insane panel. They've invited everyone to bring their best card ideas and pitch them to all eight writers and co-creators of the game. The best card ideas will make it into the next expansion. The worst card ideas will be mercilessly ridiculed. You've been warned!
We might have gone a little PAX-crazy this year:
What are you doing all the way down here? Well, I don't even know what to say except you're obviously a person of extremely refined taste and we should be friends. If you're exhibiting or attending PAX, let us know where to find you in the comments. Can't wait to see you there!
- Welcoming Camilla Zhang to Kickstarter’s Publishing & Comics Team
- Join us for Kickstarter’s Summer of Poetry
- New: Watch for the Hardware Studio Badge on Projects
- Introducing Kickstarter’s New Director of Music — Meredith Graves
- Exploring a “Totally Virtual Ecosystem” with DiMoDA and The Creative Independent