Introducing the #LOL Tag
Share this post
What is comedy? Webster's Dictionary defines it as ... haha, just kidding. We wouldn't do that to you.
Comedy is definable in the broadest sense, but also so personal. Because of its specific nature, actually defining Kickstarter projects as comedy is tricky. It makes sense to put, say, The Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival in the comedy tag (comedy is in the name), but what about more conceptual projects like the Nicolas Cage Tea-Towels or the Sleepy Hoosband Calendar? What if you don't think those are funny? Turns out that's okay, because our new (and growing) #LOL tag encompasses all kinds of comedy projects, from Obvious Child to The UK's First Major Bubble Football Tournament, to the project where Kurt Braunohler hired a skywriter to write stuff like "how do I land?" in the sky.
The tag is still growing, and will probably continue to grow as long as people have weird, idiosyncratic ideas they'd like to bring into the real world. Check it out right here.
- Presentamos Esto es Riso, una celebración de la risografía mexicana
- Introducing Designed by Artists
- Toward Better 3D Printers: A New Test From Autodesk and Kickstarter
- Mark Your Calendars: 16 Kickstarter-Funded Performances to Watch in NYC This Fall
- 2 Million People Have Pledged $100M to Art on Kickstarter