Share this post
Today we're happy to introduce a new way to discover projects on Kickstarter: #tags.
Over time, we've noticed certain themes and trends running through the projects on Kickstarter — some for a week, some for years. Tags give us a new way to share these patterns with everyone.
Tags aren't tethered to a specific category. Instead they reflect a common philosophy (#Civic), shared subject matter (#Science), themes (#Zombies), accolades (#Sundance), and a bunch of other stuff too. We'll be adding and rotating tags constantly as new trends pop up throughout the site. These will be listed in the sidebar of the Discover page.
If you think your project fits one of the live tags or you notice an emerging trend, tweet us and let us know. We're really excited about tags and the creativity and diversity they celebrate. Thanks for checking them out!
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence this Fall
- Kickstarter and Social Art Network Team Up to Support UK Artists
- Guidance on Crafting an Honest and Clearly Presented Project
- Kickstarter Teams Up with the École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie to Highlight 5 Projects from Emerging Photographers
- Break Tradition. Break Habit. Break Expectations. Break Kickstarter.