Introducing Kickstarter Live
Share this post
Today we’re thrilled to announce the release of Kickstarter Live — a new way to share and experience the creative journey as it happens. Kickstarter Live brings live video and real time community engagement onto Kickstarter for the first time.
Over the past few months a select few creators have beta tested Kickstarter Live. They’ve used it to broadcast cooking shows, host live product demos, perform songs, play test games, rehearse a new play, countdown the final seconds of their campaign, and much more. It’s brought their communities closer together, their creativity into the light, and their projects hundreds of new backers.
The key to Kickstarter Live is its intimacy. It brings creators and the people supporting them right into the same room together. And it encourages personal connection. Viewers can ask questions, chat, send selfies, select rewards, and back the project — all while tuned in.
We built Kickstarter Live in collaboration with a small startup based in Vancouver called Huzza, and in the months to come we’ll continue to develop it further in exciting ways.
Over the years Kickstarter has become known as a powerful and unique way to bring creative projects to life. It encourages radical transparency in the creative process, a generous spirit of community, and independent creative expression. Kickstarter Live takes all of that even further. We can’t wait to see how you use it.
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence this Fall
- Kickstarter and Social Art Network Team Up to Support UK Artists
- Guidance on Crafting an Honest and Clearly Presented Project
- Kickstarter Teams Up with the École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie to Highlight 5 Projects from Emerging Photographers
- Break Tradition. Break Habit. Break Expectations. Break Kickstarter.