Introducing Advanced Search
Share this post
Today we’re excited to make a major change in the way people discover projects on Kickstarter. We’ve long wanted (and you've long requested) the ability to search for projects in a more precise way. With our new Advanced Search, you can dig deep using a whole batch of filters — location, category, launch date, popularity, and tags. You can then sort those results however you want, including by "magic," which shows you what's bubbling up right now across categories and subcategories.
One of the coolest things about Advanced Search is that it's modular and gives you a lot of control! For example, you can now pair subcategory with location, look at popular projects sorted by end date, or use any unique combination of filters you can think of. If you're only interested in Comics projects tagged #Zombies, well, you’re in luck. And if you've connected Facebook to Kickstarter, you've got another filter: projects your friends are backing. Add a filter to your search using the green plus sign, and remove a filter using the X.
We’ve been testing our Advanced Search in the office for a few weeks, and we've found a lot of interesting ways to use it. Here are a few of our favorites:
- How Kickstarter Creators Are Coping with the Coronavirus
- Kickstarter y el Festival Internacional de Cine de Guanajuato presentan 12 proyectos cinematográficos dirigidos por estudiantes universitarios en México
- Kickstarter and Guanajuato International Film Festival to Feature 12 Student-Led Film Projects in Mexico
- How to Participate in Signs of Change, Kickstarter’s Upcoming Open Call
- Mexican Game Designer Héctor Pérez Funded Four Games on Kickstarter—Here Are His Tips for International Campaigns