Interactive Documentaries and Storytelling: Creator Hangout with Elaine McMillion Sheldon
Share this post
During our last Creator Hangout, our documentary film lead Liz Cook chatted with Elaine McMillion Sheldon. Elaine is a multi-award winning documentary filmmaker and visual artist. In 2012, she used Kickstarter to help fund her Peabody award-winning interactive documentary, Hollow.
Watch the video from our Hangout to learn more about how Elaine:
- Brought the story of “Hollow” front and center in her campaign messaging.
- Kept backers engaged throughout all of the phases of her campaign.
- Budgeted her time, especially when it came to rewards.
- Thinks about the many mediums of storytelling.
Head here to find out who we’ll be talking to during our next Creator Hangout.
- Kickstarter Music Promises to Keep It Weird at SXSW
- Meet the Spring 2019 Kickstarter Creators-in-Residence
- Explore 12 Projects from Emerging Mexican Filmmakers Premiering at the Guanajuato International Film Festival
- 16 Kickstarter-Funded Films Are Headed to the 2019 SXSW Film Festival
- Meet Kickstarter’s 2019 Thought Leaders