IDEAS CITY 2013
Share this post
Kickstarter is thrilled to once again be a part of IDEAS CITY at the New Museum. This year, we’ve invited a number of projects (MaKey MaKey, Impossible Project, Balloon Mapping, Walk [Your City], Sportsfriends) to join us to create what we are calling "Kickstarter and the Creative City." The festival kicks off at 11 am on Saturday May 4th on Bowery, right outside the New Museum.
Here's a quick breakdown of all you can expect to see at, what we are calling, "Kickstarter and the Creative City."
Co-creator Eric Rosenbaum and producer j.viewz bring you a MaKey MaKey powered musical installation where participants get to be both musician and instrument. Performances will take place between 1-5pm.
The debut of the Impossible Project's Instant Lab! See the Lab in action and contribute your photos to our StreetFest gallery. Submit your photos on Instagram using @ImpossibleProject and #tipcity.
Explore a series of Lower East Side walking tours, created by the "guerilla wayfinding" project creator CityFabric, & LES's own Fourth Arts Block! All routes start at the Kickstarter booth, where you can learn more about this project and plan a route for your own neighborhood.
Members of the Public Lab community are leading missions to map the StreetFest using a giant, collaboratively built 100-balloon rig. They'll be doing live demos of MapKnitter, their free open-source software, using the images collected on missions. Join us Saturday May 4 at 10:30am on Rivington St near Bowery to help us build the rig and send it on its maiden journey!
We're excited to present a Sportsfriends bonanza featuring Hokra & BaraBariBall! Meet the creators of these ingenious games and try them out for yourself. Guaranteed fun for the whole family.
If you're free on Saturday May 4th, we'd love to see you!
- How Kickstarter Creators Are Coping with the Coronavirus
- Kickstarter y el Festival Internacional de Cine de Guanajuato presentan 12 proyectos cinematográficos dirigidos por estudiantes universitarios en México
- Kickstarter and Guanajuato International Film Festival to Feature 12 Student-Led Film Projects in Mexico
- How to Participate in Signs of Change, Kickstarter’s Upcoming Open Call
- Mexican Game Designer Héctor Pérez Funded Four Games on Kickstarter—Here Are His Tips for International Campaigns