Heads! The Catechism Cataclysm Hits NYC This Saturday, 6/18
Share this post
This Saturday at 8pm, Rooftop Films will screen Todd Rohal’s Kickstarter project and insta-cult classic The Catechism Cataclysm in the great outdoors. (Note: in New York City, “the great outdoors” = BAM Cinematek parking lot. #lifestylechoices.) Rohal and principle cast members Robert Longstreet (Great World of Sound) and Steve Little (Eastbound & Down) will be on hand for a Q&A after the film.
An absurdist boat trip comedy featuring Little as a priest, Longstreet as his former metalhead bandmate, and an epic tune entitled “God Will Fuck You Up,” this is the 4th Rohal movie screened by Rooftop Films, who’ve been rooting for the (arguably a wee bit batty) director and his work for over a decade. According to Rooftop, this latest effort promises “idiocy,” “repression,” “b-movie pyrotechnics,” “Japanese tourists,” and “diarrhea in a truck stop toilet.” Kind of sounds like a July 4th weekend we thought we’d forgotten, but hey: don’t mean we’re not interested.
Click here for more information and tickets.
- Presentamos Esto es Riso, una celebración de la risografía mexicana
- Introducing Designed by Artists
- Toward Better 3D Printers: A New Test From Autodesk and Kickstarter
- Mark Your Calendars: 16 Kickstarter-Funded Performances to Watch in NYC This Fall
- 2 Million People Have Pledged $100M to Art on Kickstarter