Expanding the Kickstarter + MoMA Design Store Collection
Share this post
Earlier this year, we were thrilled to collaborate with the MoMA Design store on a collection of beautiful, unique design products that were made with Kickstarter. Seeing creators complete the journey from idea to real life to the MoMA Design Store was so much fun, that today we're excited to announce we're expanding the collection — adding more incredible things brought to life with the support of people like you.
The nine new products in the expanded collection — everything from a modern gramophone to an ultra-safe bike light — were supported by over 29,000 people on Kickstarter. You can see them all here.
This collaboration isn't the only major news involving Kickstarter and MoMA. Last week, MoMA announced that they have acquired two Kickstarter-funded projects as part of their permanent collection. Makey Makey and Ototo are two incredible devices that allow people to create music from all kinds of objects, including bananas! As Senior Curator Paola Antonelli noted, while these objects "might be small in scale, their significance for contemporary design — and the world at large — knows little bounds."
See the entire collection of products made with Kickstarter in the MoMA Design Store.
- Explore 12 Projects from Emerging Mexican Filmmakers Premiering at the Guanajuato International Film Festival
- 16 Kickstarter-Funded Films Are Headed to the 2019 SXSW Film Festival
- Meet Kickstarter’s 2019 Thought Leaders
- Exquisite Objects: Discover Rare and Beautiful Books on Kickstarter
- Comics on Kickstarter Keep Hitting New Highs