Creator Video Analytics
Share this post
Yesterday we launched a small but significant new feature for creators: project video analytics.
Located in the project dashboard and viewable only by project creators, these analytics include:
- The number of times a project video was played
- What percentage of those plays completed the video
- Whether the video was watched on Kickstarter or in an embed on another site
Let's start with Makey Makey, which currently has the highest off-site play count of any project since we began collecting data two months ago:
Which video has the most plays since we began collecting data? Not surprisingly it's Pebble, which has accumulated nearly one million views:
Another big tally belongs to Amanda Palmer, the most recent million-dollar project:
Most projects don't have such huge numbers. Here are stats for Fred's most recent project. Note the 82% completion percentage on his 12-second vid:
We began collecting data for this feature on April 10, 2012, so keep in mind that projects launching before then have incomplete data (this is true for Fred's analytics above). Also note that this is only tracking plays of the project homepage video, not videos added in project updates.
If you're a current or past project creator, make sure to visit your project dashboard today to check out your stats. Have fun!
- Introducing Designed by Artists
- Toward Better 3D Printers: A New Test From Autodesk and Kickstarter
- Mark Your Calendars: 16 Kickstarter-Funded Performances to Watch in NYC This Fall
- 2 Million People Have Pledged $100M to Art on Kickstarter
- Announcing NFTS Platform!, a New Initiative to Support the Next Generation of Filmmakers