Create and Collaborate
Share this post
Behind every Kickstarter project is someone working to bring it to life. But very few creators go it alone. Many surround themselves with trusted collaborators who help push the project forward in different ways. Some support the day-to-day campaign management. Others are intimately involved in the project development, production, or distribution. Today we’re excited to announce a feature that makes the experience of running a Kickstarter project more closely reflect the reality that creators often rely on a team of collaborators to succeed.
To date, managing a project has only been possible through a single account. When this new feature launches you can empower your team to support you by inviting multiple collaborators to contribute to your project directly. Simply assign each team member specific roles. Collaborators can help you draft your story, rewards, and FAQs before you launch your campaign. They can post updates or comments as you hit milestones throughout your campaign. Or they can help you manage surveys, publish project updates to keep your backers in the loop, and mark rewards as sent as you work to fulfill rewards.
Bringing collaborators more closely into the fold is also an opportunity to introduce and give credit to your team. And giving backers a sense of the team you’re working alongside, and the people they can look forward to getting updates from, provides them greater transparency and visibility into the creative process.
- Guidance on Crafting an Honest and Clearly Presented Project
- Kickstarter Teams Up with the École Nationale Supérieure de la Photographie to Highlight 5 Projects from Emerging Photographers
- Break Tradition. Break Habit. Break Expectations. Break Kickstarter.
- Kickstarter Is Now Available in Chinese and Italian
- Ideas Into Plans: Our London Workshop for Women and Nonbinary Creators of Color