Blowing Up A Giant Guitar (Sort of)
Share this post
We could all learn a lesson or two on brevity from project creator Daniel Danger. Just take the intro for his pitch video: “Hi, I’m in the movie Independence Day. I have a giant guitar. I got it from somewhere I can’t really explain. My plan is to bring it to a field, put a bunch of drums and amps in front of it, and just see what happens.” BOOM. And just like that, you’ve got us hook, line, and holy-crap-massive-exploding-guitar.
Mr. Danger was aiming to create a three minute HD music video out of this fiery, “nothing-could-possibly-go-wrong” excursion, and he recently posted a sizzle reel (non-movie slang: “preview”) for the finished piece:
This video celebrates a very important moment in the filmmaking process where we all said together, as one voice, “I cannot possibly wait any longer to start showing people this giant burning guitar.” You see it? Do you see all that fire? It’s right there, man!
What else can we say? Now let’s all practice some brevity together, and just hit #%@*ing play (man).
- Lucky 7: For the seventh year in a row, Kickstarter-funded films are nominated for Oscars
- Our First 100 Days in Mexico
- Kickstarter Partners with New Art Dealers Alliance (NADA) for a Weekend of Arts Events in NYC
- New Ways to Dive Into Kickstarter Live
- Make Some Noise: Kickstarter Creators at the Grammys