Blowing Up A Giant Guitar (Sort of)
Share this post
We could all learn a lesson or two on brevity from project creator Daniel Danger. Just take the intro for his pitch video: “Hi, I’m in the movie Independence Day. I have a giant guitar. I got it from somewhere I can’t really explain. My plan is to bring it to a field, put a bunch of drums and amps in front of it, and just see what happens.” BOOM. And just like that, you’ve got us hook, line, and holy-crap-massive-exploding-guitar.
Mr. Danger was aiming to create a three minute HD music video out of this fiery, “nothing-could-possibly-go-wrong” excursion, and he recently posted a sizzle reel (non-movie slang: “preview”) for the finished piece:
This video celebrates a very important moment in the filmmaking process where we all said together, as one voice, “I cannot possibly wait any longer to start showing people this giant burning guitar.” You see it? Do you see all that fire? It’s right there, man!
What else can we say? Now let’s all practice some brevity together, and just hit #%@*ing play (man).
- 12 Kickstarter-Funded Films to Premiere at the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival
- Take a Seat, Play Some Games: Come to Kickstarter’s Couchland at PAX East
- Granby Workshop: Rebuilding a Neighborhood Through Creative Projects
- Product Upgrades: Creator Dashboard on Android, and More
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence This Summer