Best in Show: Reward (Object)
Share this post
Matthew Steinke is Octant, a one-man band featuring a slew of homemade, robotic instruments. His project was to release his new album on vinyl, but one reward in particular really caught our eye: a homemade Theremin watch. Matthew demos the watch at the one minute mark of his video, and it’s a mind-blowing artifact.
A sampler runs into the wrist-piece, with the small stem bendable and wave-able for all kinds of Theremin-y goodness. In all, seven backers grabbed the watch for a reasonable $300 — and we badly wish we were among them. In the event of a Kickstarter museum ever happening, this will be one of its inaugural pieces.See more Kickstarter awards here.
- Kickstarter Music Promises to Keep It Weird at SXSW
- Meet the Spring 2019 Kickstarter Creators-in-Residence
- Explore 12 Projects from Emerging Mexican Filmmakers Premiering at the Guanajuato International Film Festival
- 16 Kickstarter-Funded Films Are Headed to the 2019 SXSW Film Festival
- Meet Kickstarter’s 2019 Thought Leaders