Best in Show: Reward (Object)
Share this post
Matthew Steinke is Octant, a one-man band featuring a slew of homemade, robotic instruments. His project was to release his new album on vinyl, but one reward in particular really caught our eye: a homemade Theremin watch. Matthew demos the watch at the one minute mark of his video, and it’s a mind-blowing artifact.
A sampler runs into the wrist-piece, with the small stem bendable and wave-able for all kinds of Theremin-y goodness. In all, seven backers grabbed the watch for a reasonable $300 — and we badly wish we were among them. In the event of a Kickstarter museum ever happening, this will be one of its inaugural pieces.See more Kickstarter awards here.
- Lucky 7: For the seventh year in a row, Kickstarter-funded films are nominated for Oscars
- Our First 100 Days in Mexico
- Kickstarter Partners with New Art Dealers Alliance (NADA) for a Weekend of Arts Events in NYC
- New Ways to Dive Into Kickstarter Live
- Make Some Noise: Kickstarter Creators at the Grammys