Best in Show: Reward (Object)
Share this post
Matthew Steinke is Octant, a one-man band featuring a slew of homemade, robotic instruments. His project was to release his new album on vinyl, but one reward in particular really caught our eye: a homemade Theremin watch. Matthew demos the watch at the one minute mark of his video, and it’s a mind-blowing artifact.
A sampler runs into the wrist-piece, with the small stem bendable and wave-able for all kinds of Theremin-y goodness. In all, seven backers grabbed the watch for a reasonable $300 — and we badly wish we were among them. In the event of a Kickstarter museum ever happening, this will be one of its inaugural pieces.See more Kickstarter awards here.
- How are today’s visual artists making a living?
- Voici Bold Type, un éloge de la typographie française
- FOR FREEDOMS and Kickstarter Launch a Campaign for the Largest Creative Collaboration in U.S. History
- Welcoming Camilla Zhang to Kickstarter’s Publishing & Comics Team
- Join us for Kickstarter’s Summer of Poetry