Best Food Project
Share this post
Lindsay Laricks has peddled all natural snow cones out the window of her Kansas City-based food cart for years, cultivating a loyal community around a menu of handcrafted, crazy flavor combinations like “ginger rose” and “watermelon basil.” Such idiosyncratic charm is a plus in any project, but Linday goes above and beyond with a smart approach to rewards that encompasses both locals and far-flung snow cone fanatics alike, offering everything from free scoops to downloadable recipes, pouches of fresh herbs from her garden, and namesake flavors.
Honorable Mention: The Yogurt Pedaler hooked a dairy culture machine to the back of her bicycle and set off across America on a mission to teach people how to make yogurt, and Raven’s Occasional Spice Club educated members on the history and use of rare, unusual spices.See more Kickstarter award winners here.
- 12 Kickstarter-Funded Films to Premiere at the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival
- Take a Seat, Play Some Games: Come to Kickstarter’s Couchland at PAX East
- Granby Workshop: Rebuilding a Neighborhood Through Creative Projects
- Product Upgrades: Creator Dashboard on Android, and More
- Open Call: Apply to Become a Kickstarter Creator-in-Residence This Summer