Best Design Project
Share this post
Young, LA-based designers Jesse Genet and Stephan Angoulvant earned widespread acclaim in 2010 for their design partnership Lumi Co. The pair engineered a new textile printing technique that prints vivid, photo-realistic images onto natural materials — without any chemical treatment. Backers could receive unique, limited-edition goods with designs of their choosing. This warm and fuzzy project was just the beginning of what is sure to be an illustrious career.
Honorable Mention: SeedBomb sent backers gumball-shaped balls of wildflower seeds, meant to bring new life to urban landscapes.See more Kickstarter award winners here.
- Lucky 7: For the seventh year in a row, Kickstarter-funded films are nominated for Oscars
- Our First 100 Days in Mexico
- Kickstarter Partners with New Art Dealers Alliance (NADA) for a Weekend of Arts Events in NYC
- New Ways to Dive Into Kickstarter Live
- Make Some Noise: Kickstarter Creators at the Grammys