Best Design Project
Share this post
Young, LA-based designers Jesse Genet and Stephan Angoulvant earned widespread acclaim in 2010 for their design partnership Lumi Co. The pair engineered a new textile printing technique that prints vivid, photo-realistic images onto natural materials — without any chemical treatment. Backers could receive unique, limited-edition goods with designs of their choosing. This warm and fuzzy project was just the beginning of what is sure to be an illustrious career.
Honorable Mention: SeedBomb sent backers gumball-shaped balls of wildflower seeds, meant to bring new life to urban landscapes.See more Kickstarter award winners here.
- Presentamos Esto es Riso, una celebración de la risografía mexicana
- Introducing Designed by Artists
- Toward Better 3D Printers: A New Test From Autodesk and Kickstarter
- Mark Your Calendars: 16 Kickstarter-Funded Performances to Watch in NYC This Fall
- 2 Million People Have Pledged $100M to Art on Kickstarter