Best Design Project
Share this post
Young, LA-based designers Jesse Genet and Stephan Angoulvant earned widespread acclaim in 2010 for their design partnership Lumi Co. The pair engineered a new textile printing technique that prints vivid, photo-realistic images onto natural materials — without any chemical treatment. Backers could receive unique, limited-edition goods with designs of their choosing. This warm and fuzzy project was just the beginning of what is sure to be an illustrious career.
Honorable Mention: SeedBomb sent backers gumball-shaped balls of wildflower seeds, meant to bring new life to urban landscapes.See more Kickstarter award winners here.
- 2018 Was a Record-Breaking Year for Games on Kickstarter
- Oriana Leckert Joins Kickstarter to Encourage Experimentation in Journalism Funding
- These Kickstarter-Funded Films Are Headed to the 2019 Sundance Film Festival
- Highlights from Bold Type, Our Celebration of French Typography
- What $4 Billion Pledged to Creative Projects Looks Like