Best Design Project
Share this post
Young, LA-based designers Jesse Genet and Stephan Angoulvant earned widespread acclaim in 2010 for their design partnership Lumi Co. The pair engineered a new textile printing technique that prints vivid, photo-realistic images onto natural materials — without any chemical treatment. Backers could receive unique, limited-edition goods with designs of their choosing. This warm and fuzzy project was just the beginning of what is sure to be an illustrious career.
Honorable Mention: SeedBomb sent backers gumball-shaped balls of wildflower seeds, meant to bring new life to urban landscapes.See more Kickstarter award winners here.
- New Ways to Dive Into Kickstarter Live
- Make Some Noise: Kickstarter Creators at the Grammys
- Building a Creative Career on Kickstarter: A Visit to Kingdom Death
- Kickstarter Joins Amicus Brief in Support of America’s Tradition of Welcoming Immigrants
- Bust a Move: Four Kickstarter-funded Dance Films Included in Dance on Camera Festival