Announcing Kickstarter for Android
Share this post
At last, Kickstarter has an Android app. And you can get it right now, right here.
With this first release, we focused on creating a great discovery experience for backers. It's easy to dive into thousands of live creative projects from every corner of the Kickstarter universe. But it's just as easy to hone in on specific projects most likely to speak to you, or be surprised by ideas you didn’t expect to find.
We've built in a personal approach to discovering new projects — and connecting to older ones — by including our activity feed. From spotlighting projects your friends have recently backed, to surfacing the latest updates from creators you’ve supported in the past, activity feed is a play-by-play of all the news that should be on your radar. And if you want the latest from projects you’re following immediately, you can also be notified directly when they post an update.
The most hardcore Android fans will appreciate that our designers and engineers followed Google’s material design guidelines when building the app, so it looks and feels really nice, too. This is just version 1.0, so stay tuned for more features — like tools allowing creators to manage their projects.
Go ahead and download the app (it’s free!), and let us know what you think. We hope you love it as much as we loved making it for you.
- Kickstarter y el Festival Internacional de Cine de Guanajuato presentan 12 proyectos cinematográficos dirigidos por estudiantes universitarios en México
- Kickstarter and Guanajuato International Film Festival to Feature 12 Student-Led Film Projects in Mexico
- Mexican Game Designer Héctor Pérez Funded Four Games on Kickstarter—Here Are His Tips for International Campaigns
- El diseñador de juegos mexicano, Héctor Pérez, financió cuatro proyectos en Kickstarter. Estos son sus consejos para llevar a cabo campañas internacionales
- Kickstarter Statement on Union Vote