Announcing Commissions, an Open Call for Collaborative Projects
Share this post
Personalized rock songs, customized storybooks, and tweets transformed into comic strips.
These are just a few of the rewards we’ve seen emphasizing the spirit of backer-creator collaboration that’s always been at the heart of Kickstarter. Now, we’re putting this type of collaboration front and center with Commissions, an open call for projects that invite backers into the creative process.
Taking part in Commissions as a creator is simple: between November 1 and November 30, launch a project that emphasizes a personal collaboration between you and your backers. You could make drawings based on your backers’ dreams, write personalized poems, or create custom ceramics incorporating your backers’ favorite colors. It’s a way to push your practice further, and to make something new that couldn’t exist without your backers’ input. The possibilities are endless — and you can get all the details on how to participate here.
To get your ideas flowing, explore a few past projects that fit the spirit of Commissions:
Inspired to launch a project as part of Commissions? Head here for more information about taking part in the initiative, or head here to start drafting your project.
- Kickstarter Music Promises to Keep It Weird at SXSW
- Meet the Spring 2019 Kickstarter Creators-in-Residence
- Explore 12 Projects from Emerging Mexican Filmmakers Premiering at the Guanajuato International Film Festival
- 16 Kickstarter-Funded Films Are Headed to the 2019 SXSW Film Festival
- Meet Kickstarter’s 2019 Thought Leaders